At Westgate Students, we always put our customers and staff at the heart of what we do.
The safety of our customers and colleagues is vital to us and below we outline our home visit procedures. In line with Government guidelines we would ask all our customers to wear face masks on any property and office visit. Thank you in advance for helping to keep everyone safe.
- We will be safe and healthy and we ask that you are too
- We will clean our hands on entry and on exit of any property and to limit social contact we will ask that all internal doors are left open
- We will practice social distancing where we must always be 2 metres apart. We will wear face masks in line with government guidance.
- We will use our extensive technology to limit physical contact wherever possible
- We will never forget our commitment to talk, to you, our customer
- We assure that only safe and healthy people will visit our customers' homes, and we will be well on the day of the appointment with no signs of illness in the past two weeks'. This includes any family the staff member lives with.
- When we contact a customer to book in a viewing or valuation visit at the customer's home we always ask if anyone in the property is showing any signs of illness and if so, for how long. If the customer has been unwell, we will ask how long the recovery has been for. For example, if someone has had Covid-19 they must have no contact for 14 days.
- We will wear a face mask in line with government guidance and where appropriate we may also wear disposable gloves.
- On entry to the property we may ask if we can wash our hands and/or we may also apply sanitizer.
- During the visit we will practice social distancing where we must always be 2 metres apart. Alternatively, if more appropriate the customer may move outside while we conduct the check in/check out inside.
- To assist in this, it is better to have left all doors open and this will reduce any touching of handles and doors although these could be wiped down after the visit with sanitiser.
To limit social contact, where possible, all paperwork and agreements will be signed online. Where this is not possible, we will book in an appointment for yourself to drop the documents in to the office. We would ask that these meeting times are booked in to ensure safety for everyone and avoid a number of visitors entering the office at any one time.
Landlords and Tenants (England Only)
During these unprecedented times, Westgate Students are committed to supporting you and we aim to continue to offer the best possible service.
We are continuing the marketing of our properties that are to let in alternative pro-active ways that maintain social distancing including the use of virtual viewings. Many properties are available to view through a virtual viewing or a video tour
If there is a maintenance issue in a rented property, tenants should submit this through the online maintenance platform (where applicable) or call the office. Landlords remain legally obligated to ensure properties meet the required standard - urgent, essential health and safety repairs and safety checks should be made for which we will make every effort to do so.
Tenants are still liable for their rent and should pay this as usual, where people face financial hardship and struggle to pay rent, support is available. In this exceptional situation, we are encouraging tenants to talk to us so we can guide them and support them.
If our Landlords or Tenants have any concerns at all about their property, rental payment or current tenancy please follow the usual communication route outlined in your tenancy agreement